Ark, a fast-growing fintech company that offers a cutting-edge investor reporting portal to fund administrators and emerging fund managers, is seeking a Backend Developer to join its close knit and talented team.
Ark serves 400+ customers representing over 3,000 private equity, venture capital, real estate and other private investment funds with over $100bn in capital commitments. Our investor reporting portal offers dynamic and detailed capital account reporting and is differentiated because of its scalability and ease of configuration.
The platform is a SaaS web application that provides online financial data to venture capital and private equity investors. The core product is a Java Spring Boot API with a Neo4j Graph-database and a modern React based front end. The microservices oriented backend utilizes other technologies including Python, NodeJS, AWS Lambda, OAUTH2, etc. The cloud stack is hosted in multiple AWS regions using ECS containers, leveraging Bitbucket and CI/CD pipelines.
- 2+ year experience in Java/Spring Boot development. (Java and Spring Framework (API, Security, Spring Data, ORM))
- Experience with microservices, AWS ECS containers, lambda/serverless, Spring Cloud.
- Experience or strong interest in graph databases, specifically Neo4j.
- Experience with Gradle, Bash, NodeJS, Python, mySQL / AWS Aurora.
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines: Jenkins, Bitbucket (Any Git provider OK), Automation Tools, Cloud Formation.
- Experience with platform and containerization technologies, such as Docker.
- Knowledge of Postman and automated test frameworks.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC).
Additional Desired Experience:
- Experience in a regulated industry, especially with SOC II security controls and reporting.
- Software Architecture, Design, and SDLC management in an AWS environment.
- Knowledge of system monitoring in a cloud environment including cloud specific products and tools such as Splunk.
- An interest in sharing knowledge and mentoring junior employees.
- DB performance optimization.
Tools we use:
- Java, Spring, Gradle.
- Bash, Groovy (not so much groovy).
- Atlassian and JetBrains products.
- AWS ECS, Docker containers, and many other AWS cloud-native services including: AWS S3, EC2, Secret Manager, Inspector, Aurora RDS, Lambda, IAM, Route 53, AWS Client VPN, and CloudFront.
- CI/CD Pipeline: Bitbucket Pipelines, CodeArtifact, ECR.
- Anything that improves our ability to automate tasks.
What else we offer:
- The opportunity to be an important contributor where every effort makes an impact and your work is visible both internally and externally.
- Working with the most relevant technologies, and the ability to introduce new technologies where appropriate.
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, FSA, commuter benefits, and more.
- Snacks, refreshments, coffee, tea and more in the centrally located Back Bay office.
- Remote-only and hybrid work options.
- A truly outstanding team and company culture.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com to get the interview process started!